27 Sep Finding your childbirth educator
How to use the listings of Childbirth Educators on this website
- The childbirth educators listings are divided into provinces
- They are highlighted under which area they teach – areas appear in alphabetical order
- On the map you can access their location
- Check her qualifications – has she a medical qualification? Is she a midwife and so has integral knowledge of the birthing process as well as having delivered babies? Has she specialised in Childbirth Education? Specialised childbirth educator qualifications are highlighted in red. ICCE – Internationally certified childbirth educator through ICEA in the USA. SACPE – South African Certified Perinatal Educator.
- Check her Perinatal CPD points for attending the CBEPF – (Childbirth Educators Professional Forum) Roadshows. These are free professional updates provided for the childbirth educators in private practice. They are held 3 times a year in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth. The Perinatal CPD points show how many updates she has attended in the past 3 years. 5 points per roadshow attended. Maximum rating is 45
- Has she her own Practice Number (PR No.) and hence is registered with the medical aids?
Take your time choosing your childbirth educator as she can make a difference to your birthing and parenting experiences. Phone the educators in your areas and chat to them all before deciding which one to choose.
This list of childbirth educators is for the sole purpose of helping pregnant moms and dads find an educator. It is not to be used for company and promotional purposes – please respect this fact!